National Geographic Traveler contest is one of world’s most popular photography competition receiving more than 18,000 submissions this year. The competition hosts to some of the most amazing and jaw-dropping images captured by various photographers showing the rear, unexpected and most incredible moments happening around them.
The image that took first place in the 2014 National Geographic Traveler Magazine Photo Contest is a low precipitation shot of supercell thunderstorm taken by Marko Korošec in eastern Colorado on May 28, 2013. Below we put together a list of top 10 winners in National Geographic photography competition. Check out!
1. Grand Prize – The Independence Day
2. Second Place – First Time First Time
3. Third Place - Diver in Magic Kingdom
4. Foggy Small Town Foggy small town
5. Merit – End of the World
6. Merit – Ladies in Waiting
7. Merit – A well earned rest in the Sahara
8. Merit – Divine Makeover
9. Merit - Khotso Peace at Devil's Knuckles
10. Merit - LightSource